"Everybody knows a work of art takes at least an hour!" Lucy to Linus, (Peanuts)

FineArtViews Painting Competition - Twice in the Fav 15%

http://canvoo.com/boldbrush/badge/13203 three times selected for FAV15%, Fine Art Views Bold Brush Painting Competition

Monday, June 7, 2010

Construction project

This has been the "work of art" I have been labouring on the past couple of days with my husband, Bob. We want to take advantage of the reasonably dry weather we are finally having to get this greenhouse up. Bob is starting a small herb nursery business and the greenhouse is an essential element. Hope we can complete this today as I really want to get back to the paintings that aren't finished and start some new ones screaming in my head for attention.
In addition to this greenhouse for babying along the tiny seedlings, are about 20 raised beds for
growing the plants as they become larger. In the meantime this building, which looks simple enough, is a test of a good marriage and lots of under our breath cursing:-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen..I love this..would love to have one too, but you have seen some of my raised beds...that will have to do for now. At least I can work them! BTW, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog...am sorry you have been dealing with all that back pain too. (((gentle hugs))) Blessings dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the post! Himself has been wanting to do something similar. Can't wait to show him this. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo to you for getting that greenhouse as far as you have. It will be a splendid thing when it is done and I can imagine you are chomping at the bit to get back to your easel. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog, too, Karen.

    ReplyDelete