"Everybody knows a work of art takes at least an hour!" Lucy to Linus, (Peanuts)

FineArtViews Painting Competition - Twice in the Fav 15%

http://canvoo.com/boldbrush/badge/13203 three times selected for FAV15%, Fine Art Views Bold Brush Painting Competition

Monday, July 27, 2009

Finished Poppy Pastel

Finally finished the latest poppy piece. I was sidetracked by a lot of other things going on. We have our grandson, Tyler visiting now and the days are very filled. I am happy with this newest piece...it is looser and more spontaneous than my usual work...could I be developing a more mature style? I am losing patience with finicky, highly detailed things in my work, at least for the moment. I don't like to box myself in by saying that I have changed what I do and will never go back - each work calls for what it needs and I try to be faithful to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment