"Everybody knows a work of art takes at least an hour!" Lucy to Linus, (Peanuts)

FineArtViews Painting Competition - Twice in the Fav 15%

http://canvoo.com/boldbrush/badge/13203 three times selected for FAV15%, Fine Art Views Bold Brush Painting Competition

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Another pastel poppy piece in the works. This one has been a bit more of a struggle but I think I have got the upper hand now. It won't be done in time for tomorrow's Art in the Park show but I can be working on it while at my canopy. This often brings people over to the booth since many enjoy watching the work happen. Bob wants me to do charicatures of people for $15 each but I don't do charicatures! I could offer to do 15 minutes quick portrait sketches. I have done this in the past - WAY in the past - but I suppose I could try it again. I found a very interesting artist's site that I recommend perusing for a delightful time online...www.artbybruce.com This guy has a fabulous sense of humour and is pretty talented with his coloured pencils. More wondering where I am going with what I do. A lot of us are rethinking things right now I guess. This morning I feel new resolve to continue on and make the best art work that I can. A new figure painting is in the works and that cheers me. The canvas is stretched, all coats of Gesso are sanded - it is ready to start. Starting is the hardest part. Put the first stroke down and then the pure white surface is marked - the possibilities become more focused and less overwhelming. It is only paint.

1 comment:

  1. Your poppies are beautiful. So elegant! I have many scattered throughout my garden ... not sure who planted them. Can't wait to see the finished piece. How was the Art in the Park show?

    ReplyDelete