"Everybody knows a work of art takes at least an hour!" Lucy to Linus, (Peanuts)

FineArtViews Painting Competition - Twice in the Fav 15%

http://canvoo.com/boldbrush/badge/13203 three times selected for FAV15%, Fine Art Views Bold Brush Painting Competition

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Next Painting

After a couple of false starts I began the newest piece. Lyndia is allowing me to paint her
portrait as I see fit. I may end up doing a couple of paintings as I ended up with several ideas
for this. Splitting her image in half was my first idea and I have decided to go with that right now.
The ocean and sky in the background will be minimal but unifying. These canvases can be split apart and hung together so that her image becomes whole. I will be moving on to the sea area
once the sky dries, and then tackle the portrait(s).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen!... An interesting... no arresting concept for this one! I'll be watching to see how it takes shape.

    Good colour harmony already underway... so that strength and your wonderful draughtsmanship should make it a winner!

    Good luck with your workshop. Were I living closer... I'd love to take it in!

    Warmest regards... and Good Painting!
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete