"Everybody knows a work of art takes at least an hour!" Lucy to Linus, (Peanuts)

FineArtViews Painting Competition - Twice in the Fav 15%

http://canvoo.com/boldbrush/badge/13203 three times selected for FAV15%, Fine Art Views Bold Brush Painting Competition

Friday, August 27, 2010

Who is that behind those Foster Grants?

Here is something to keep away the monotony of just watching me paint Samanda for days on end...a colored pencil piece I did back in the early 90's. I have always loved those early Renaissance portraits and wanted to do something to update them a bit. Four versions of this
were started, including one in pen & ink with hours of stippling. I repositioned the heads in a
better composition than this but never completed it. I just ran out of steam and enthusiasm. Kind of fun but pointless:-)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!... Glad to see "You" taking a break from the rigours of your new piece!

    Your wonderful "take" on Foster Grant's influence on the Renaissance indicates that "You" always enjoyed the... "Fun" side of life and your art! Hardly "pointless" my dear... everything one does pushes the marker ahead... a little bit at a time.

    One's hair loses original lustre and colour... "chassis" lines get dimpled... but it is the heart that one can and must maintain. "I" sense that "You" have done a great job maintaining that... along with your wonderful sense of witty humour.Love your work!

    Good painting... and playing!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bruce! Your continued support is very gratifying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's pretty fantastic Karen. Very cool :) I love those shades.

    ReplyDelete