"Everybody knows a work of art takes at least an hour!" Lucy to Linus, (Peanuts)

FineArtViews Painting Competition - Twice in the Fav 15%

http://canvoo.com/boldbrush/badge/13203 three times selected for FAV15%, Fine Art Views Bold Brush Painting Competition

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Presenting Miz Sandy - finished!

The feeling of coming to the end of a painting is always bittersweet. I feel happy to have gotten through the project but always think that it could somehow be better than it is. This gets delivered next friday along with the three other paintings chosen for "Telling Stories". Oooooh!! Why aren't I better?? They are good, pretty darn ok, and even fairly pleasing, but not brilliant! It is as if, once I begin a new piece, I forget how to do this thing...and once it is finished it strikes me square in the face that my competence is so lacking... And now, what is next?

No comments:

Post a Comment