"Everybody knows a work of art takes at least an hour!" Lucy to Linus, (Peanuts)

FineArtViews Painting Competition - Twice in the Fav 15%

http://canvoo.com/boldbrush/badge/13203 three times selected for FAV15%, Fine Art Views Bold Brush Painting Competition

Friday, June 17, 2011

Facial Lift Off


It looks done to me. I may tweak some things later but that won't involve much change. I have allowed myself to let go of the need to perfect edges,  blend perfectly smoothly, and fuss with anatomy. I am letting it be more of a painting than a photo reproduction because I have guessed and fudged with most of this, only using a fuzzy photo reference that I didn't pay complete attention to. Felt good. 

5 comments:

  1. absolutely amazing! on every level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully painted, Karen. Perfect! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, Karen. A pose I've seen myself in before, lifting my little jowls up to see what I used to look like 15 yrs. ago. I am looking more and more like my grandmother every year. Thank goodness I loved her dearly.
    Anonymous aka Carol B.
    (yes, google is still doing this to me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks and very pleased you guys like this. I have not been sure of what I was getting into with this! So sorry, Carol, that Google is insisting on keeping you anonymous! What's up with that? Very frustrating, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work!
    So intriguing ..

    ReplyDelete