"Everybody knows a work of art takes at least an hour!" Lucy to Linus, (Peanuts)

FineArtViews Painting Competition - Twice in the Fav 15%

http://canvoo.com/boldbrush/badge/13203 three times selected for FAV15%, Fine Art Views Bold Brush Painting Competition

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting Unstuck

This is no moment quite like the one where you are stuck in the middle of a painting. This one is going fairly ok but not really to be commemorated as a undisputed success. It would help to have my subject present but I am left to working from the photos I took last November and, like other portraits where I have only my photos to work from, I find myself wishing I had thought to use this or that lighting, this or that pose, this or that setting. It comes to me too late, what might have worked better. This is the advantage painting a still life has over using a living model. You
can reconstruct the entire setting at will. I shall persist with this piece and I expect it will be just fine and really appreciated by my in-laws upon whose wall it will hang. So few things turn into real masterpieces. Good enough is going to have to do.

1 comment:

  1. hi Karen
    Lovely Portrait!!
    you are the featured Artist at TAD this week :) :)
    cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete