"Everybody knows a work of art takes at least an hour!" Lucy to Linus, (Peanuts)

FineArtViews Painting Competition - Twice in the Fav 15%

http://canvoo.com/boldbrush/badge/13203 three times selected for FAV15%, Fine Art Views Bold Brush Painting Competition

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Turquoise Ribbon

After more false starts yet again I came up with this small piece.  I feel I may be making a tiny bit of progress with choosing subjects and painting directly without over planning. Working more from intuition is revealing some surprising tendencies . I seem to be doing better with a mid value tonal range using blues and grays, which is a colour scheme I do not generally use in my large, thought-out-adnauseum work. It is almost grisaille, and perhaps a logical return to some basics while I practice this new (for me) faster approach.
The rest of the week has turned up some interest in my workshops and weekly classes in my studio - good news.  I need to follow through.  I have also been asked to teach a class through
the Kelsey Rec Centre on photography. This would be for basic point and shoot cameras most
likely, but there is a lot you can do to improve photo taking even with limited camera functions. The biggest issue seems to be concerning composing a shot. 
Now to choose my next paint-in-a-day subject...any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment